Custom Tape Converting and Tape Slitting Meets Your Specific Requirements
Pressure Sensitive Tapes
Oak Distribution has the custom tape slitting capabilities to convert tape widths according to customers' specifications. Oak Distribution has installed tape slitting equipment to slit pressure sensitive specialty tapes at our corporate headquarters in Los Angeles, California. This slitting machinery allows us to take a large "log" roll and cut it to a variety of custom sizes. Most tape manufacturers only produce pressure sensitive tapes in standard sizes. We have made it possible to order small or large quantities or custom size industrial tapes.
The following are some common pressure sensitive tapes that Oak Distribution offers tape slitting services for:
- Kapton Tape - Amber colored polyimide high temperature resistant. Used in the horizontal solder leveling process. Removes without residue.
- Double Coated Tapes - Varieties include white foam, paper, and permanent polypropylene in clear and opaque.
- Striped Vinyl Tapes - Yellow/black, red/white. Yellow/Black is the standard for marking "Caution" or "Hazard".
- Two Sided Cloth Tape - Used in exhibitions to hold down carpeting, this specialty tape can be removed easily when you are ready to leave.
- Blue Polyester Tape w/ Silicone Adhesive - Used in plating and sometimes powder coating. Made in the U.S.A
- Hot Air Solder Leveling Tape - Preferred for use in vertical hot air leveling machines.
- Vinyl Tapes - 5 mil - comes in a variety of standard colors. Yellow vinyl tape is frequently used for floor marking.
- Silver Duct Tape - We offer tape slitting to create widths as narrow as: ¼", ½", ¾", 1", 1-1/2"
- ESD Tape (Electro Static Dissipation) - Used by companies who handle static sensitive parts. When unwound, this product does not create static.
- PG-21 Masking Tape - Intertape Polymer's high performance masking tape. Used where heat may be applied and where clean removal is necessary.
Tape Slitting Machine
Custom tape slitting services
If you are looking for tape slitting services for any pressure sensitive tape that may not be listed here, we encourage you to ask us about the possibilities. Oak Distribution can provide a sample tape roll for you to test so you can confirm a particular tape will function properly based on the application. We have ample experience working with distributors to match the right tape to your customer's needs.
For more information on Custom Tape Converting or quote, please contact an Oak Sales Representative.